- 1 What Are Collapsible Fishing Rods?
- 2 Best Collapsible Fishing Rod Buying Guide
- 3 Reviews of the Best Collapsible Fishing Rods of 2017
- 4 Conclusion
What Are Collapsible Fishing Rods?
Do you love fishing and wish you could carry a rod with you everywhere? Then you need to look no further, it is time for you to buy your own new telescopic fishing rod. The best thing about this rod if of course its collapsible design which makes it so handy that you can actually carry it with you to every adventure. Another good thing is that it is quite affordable and there is an entire array of fishing rods with different designs and features available in the market so you can have your pick. If you want to pick the best collapsible fishing rod, then you need to learn more!
Best Collapsible Fishing Rod Buying Guide
Considering the number of options available in the market, choosing the perfect fishing rod for yourself can be quite a task. Mainly because different rods have been designed for different purposes so you must select one that is ideally suited to your needs. To make this easier for you, I am providing a list of features that you should keep in mind before making your purchase.
- Material: First and foremost, you must ensure that the quality of material used in the rod’s construction is good enough to last you a long time. Fiberglass is a very durable and lightweight material which makes it ideal to be used in a fishing rod. Some rods use carbon fiber in their construction which also a good one and can last long.
- Portability: A collapsible rod must be very portable so that it can be easily carried to an adventure (like ice fishing) without any additional burden. The more the number of pieces in a rod, smaller the collapsed size, the better it is. Also, if a carry bag is provided then it becomes all the more convenient.
- Warranty: If you are going to invest in a rod, especially for the first time then it is advisable to select one that comes with a warranty. Most companies provide a limited one-year warranty for repair/replacement, in a case of damage.
- Reel: It is better to buy a rod that comes with a reel because then you won’t have to purchase one separately. But while buying a combo be careful that you don’t compromise on the quality of the material.
- Price: Goes without saying, you should buy a fishing rod that fits within your budget but at the same time, a wise one-time investment can prove to be beneficial in the long run. So strike a balance and without going overboard, look carefully at all the features and compare the prices of various models before finalizing the product.
Reviews of the Best Collapsible Fishing Rods of 2017
Okuma’s Nomad Inshore Saltwater Multi-Action Travel Rods-NTi-C-703M-MH (Blue/Black, 7-Feet)
Topping our list is this highly durable and portable fishing rod which sports the OC9 technology, which means that it can easily be broken down into three parts which make it perfect to carry while traveling. You also get a waterproof case along with it and the quality of material used in its construction is very high. On top of each ferrule connection, a non-slip grip is placed so that it can be gripped and assembled within moments. If you want an all-in-one fishing pole then this one is one of the best collapsible fishing rod options on the market.
PLUSINNO® Telescopic Fishing Rod Retractable Fishing Pole Rods Saltwater Travel Spinning Fishing Rods Poles
The next one on my list is this very attractive and lightweight rod which is the perfect combination of elasticity and durability. It is constructed of high-density Carbon fiber which is mixed with fiberglass, ensuring its hardness and longevity.
The closed length of the rod is not much, so it can be easily carried without any hassle. Also, each section of the rod gets locked making it firm yet it can be quickly reset again. The reel seats are made of stainless steel so you needn’t worry about corrosion. Though it doesn’t have a fishing reel, a cloth bag is included in the package for convenience while traveling.
I definitely would say this is one of the best options for the best collapsible fishing rod!
Ultega Telescopic 9ft Fishing Rod
If you want to invest in a really good quality rod that would last you a long time, then you must have a look at this one. Made of really good quality fiberglass material, this rod consists of five parts so that its length can be easily adjusted according to the user’s requirement. The construction is very solid and firm but it is not bulky. Additional features such as a spare spool, bite indicator tip and pliers for fishing are also included in the package.
A carrying case is also provided which can accommodate all the equipment. And all this come pre-assembled so all you need is some water around you and your fishing activities can get started. Its final length, being 9feet is quite impressive and as it can be collapsed to a much shorter size, there will be no problem during transportation or storage.
Eagle Claw Pack-It Spin Combo Telescopic Rod
This amazing fishing rod can be a great accessory to make your boring trip to the seas much more adventurous. It is made of fiberglass so it is sturdy but not heavy to handle. It comes already pre-loaded with a line so you just have to carry it with you and you can start fishing. The length of the spinning rod is 5ft6inches, which is ideal for some freshwater fishing. The handle is made of EVA foam so it doesn’t slip and provides a comfortable grip.
The rod is segmented into four pieces so that it can be elongated when required. Its line can take up to 10 pounds of weight so you can definitely do some serious fishing with this one. And Eagle Claw’s name and the high quality of all their products speak for themselves. This is a rod that will not desert you in any weather and its one-year warranty is the cherry on the cake. I would recommend this to my friends as one of the best collapsible fishing rods on the market!
As a collapsible fishing rod is specially designed to ‘collapse’ to a shorter length, it is a very convenient and handy tool for fishing on the go. Even though most rods are quite delicate, they can easily be used to catch fish or other heavy loads. And if you are a nature lover or adventure seeker, then you must carry a handy, portable telescopic fishing rod with you so that it can make your trip all the more enjoyable.